Keeping Your Roof Intact Concord NH
Metal Roofing, Vinyl Siding, and Replacement Windows
quailty metal and shingled roofing at great rates
Keeping Your Roof Intact
Always inspect your roof after a storm to ensure no damage has occurred.
Now is the time to determine if you need to replace or repair your roof – before winter sets in. Don't wait for the snow, heavy rains, and winds to make that decision for you.
Many things can affect a roof's lifespan. Location and materials make a difference in longevity; take them into consideration in your assessment. If you live in a wet, humid region and there are plenty of shade trees around your property, your roof may suffer from moss growth. If you live in a drier climate, your roof is probably not a stranger to hail or heat. Windy conditions also put constant stress on your roof.
Here is a list that may help you decide if your roof needs repair or replacing:
- Blistered interior walls or ceiling
- Dark spots on the ceiling or attic spaces
- Obvious leaking in the interior after a hard rain
- Sagging or rotten soffits
- Curling or cracked shingles
- Signs of algae buildup or otherwise "dirty" shingles
- Rising energy costs over a typical winter (without the utility company raising their prices)
- Signs of decay in shingles, sheathing, and soffits
- Water entering and possibly running down walls and entering the soffit
Once you have determined if the roof needs repairs or even replacing, a few simple things will extend the life of your roof for years to come:
- Regularly inspect your roof for small problems and damages and immediately make repairs. This is especially ...
Read the full article in the CalFinder Remodeling and Home Solar Power Magazine