Get Creative with Your Hallway Space Concord NH
Thomas Libbey IV LLC
Freedom Advanced Electric, LLC
A Brush with Life
Center Barnstead, NH
Absolute Water System
Get Creative with Your Hallway Space
Turn Your Dark And Dreary Hallway Into Colorful Space
The last frontier, the last space to get decorated, the most forgotten room in the house is usually the hallway. Here's a space where you can really get creative and show off your designer talents.
There are many creative ideas that can help you turn that wasted space into an extension of your living areas.
- Books. Do you have a nice collection of books? Why not consider adding built-in or stand-alone bookcases to show off your intellect?
- Mirrors. Is your hallway dark? Adding a large mirror will reflect and disperse light, giving your hall a more open and airy feel. Hang candle sconces or wall sconces on both sides to add ambience and warmth.
- Family Photos. Do you have boxes of family pictures hidden in the attic? Your hallway can serve as a gallery to show off your pictures; just be careful not to make it too cluttered and busy – you don't want to overwhelm the space. A row of beautifully matted black and white photos framed in black would do the trick and add a touch of elegance.
- Art. Perhaps you have a unique art collection but the pieces don't fit with your décor in other rooms. Hang your collection in the hallway and use accent lighting to enhance the beauty and change the mood of the space.
- Maps. Love to travel? How about framing and hanging a large map of your favorite place on earth; or if you own a lot of antiques, an antique map would tie in quite nicely with the rest of your home. If...
Read the full article in the CalFinder Remodeling and Home Solar Power Magazine